Enhance Your Smile with Porcelain Veneers at Ryoo Dental - Fullerton Cosmetic Dentistry
Maintaining oral health is as important as having a nice smile. Nowadays, achieving a perfect smile is made easier by veneers. Dr. Charles L. Pincus, a dentist from California, made the first porcelain veneers in the 1930’s. After nearly 50 years, veneer dentistry has gathered momentum and has been considered as one of the greatest achievements in the field today.
Drastic Changes to Your Smile with Veneer Dentistry
If you’re unhappy with your smile or want to improve the appearance of your front teeth, getting veneers done at Ryoo Dental might be the best solution for you. Veneers are thin, custom-made porcelain shells designed to cover the surface of your teeth to improve their appearance. They are an aesthetic alternative for various dental conditions.
Here are the advantages of getting porcelain veneers:
- Porcelain is more durable than resin veneers, and they rarely require maintenance outside of your basic oral hygiene.
- Porcelain veneers are stain-resistant
- Gums tolerate porcelain veneers better, giving you natural teeth appearance
- Porcelain veneers won’t require extensive shaping of your existing teeth. They offer a more conservative approach to changing a tooth’s shape and color.
Let the Best Veneer Dentist Improve Your Smile
When it comes to oral care, entrust your smile to a dentist who can provide you with excellent services and optimal treatment actions. A smile makeover is one of the most rewarding processes both a patient and a dentist undergo. Dr. Ryoo’s veneer treatments has led to many improved smiles and positively-changed self-esteem over the years. The most practical applications of veneers are the following:
- Repairing minor tooth imperfections and defects – Veneers are good for teeth that have a small amount of wear and tear or minor developmental abnormalities.
- Masking discolored teeth – Porcelain veneer is ideal for lightening teeth that have darkened due to a root canal or other trauma.
- Closing gaps between teeth – Veneers are ideally suited for this purpose.
- Fixing minor misalignment – Crooked teeth will be trimmed, and once the veneers are placed, they will look straighter.
- Reshaping broken or chipped teeth – Veneers are a conservative approach to improving your teeth, and can even help you avoid orthodontic treatment.
- Improving stained fillings – Porcelain veneers usually offer a more durable and aesthetically-pleasing outcome, but your dentist will advise whether your old fillings must be replaced first.
There are also certain cases where veneers are not advisable, namely:
- When teeth have little enamel – It may cause the veneers to fracture or de-bond, as they will only stay in place if they are directly bonded to tooth enamel.
- When teeth need strengthening – Dental crowns are more advisable in cases like these,as veneers are used more for improving appearance.
- When a patient is prone to bruxism – Some people may clench or grind their teeth a lot, and this may cause veneers to chip.
- When teeth are too dark or discolored – Using veneers, in this case, may lead to aggressive tooth-trimming and the use of very opaque porcelain instead of light, translucent ones.
Dr. Victor Ryoo: A Leader in Veneer Dentistry
Being a committed dental professional, Dr. Ryoo takes pride in providing his patients with exceptional dental care. Those who dream of the perfect smile can trust Ryoo Dental. Head over to our clinic at Fullerton for a consultation. You will be given a full evaluation with simulated mock-ups that will allow you to see the result of the veneers before completion. In most cases, the whole procedure can be completed on your second visit!
Get optimal oral health and achieve that winning smile. Call us at (714) 992-0030 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Ryoo today.